Our website address is https://hbmasskrug.com.
Updated May 23, 2022
Information we collect and how we collect it
We collect data and/or personal information such as your email address, name, date of birth, phone number, and shipping address when you provide it to us in participating in contests and sweepstakes, filling out contact forms as well as your sign-up for our Newsletter or you placing an order in one of our shops. Such information generally falls into the following categories:
- Contact information, such as your name, e-mail, physical address, and phone number
- Demographic information, such as your gender and date of birth
- Account information, such as your username, password, birthdate, order history, and preferences when using our shop products
- Payment information, such as credit card number, expiration date, card verification number, and billing address if you make a purchase
- Location information, including GPS information, activity, and performance information
- Internet activity information, such as your IP address, browser type and language, operating system, cookie information (described below), web beacons (described below), pages visited on our site, referring and exit pages, and the dates and times of the visits
- Customer experience information, such as email and contact form questions and responses, feedback, or general information that consumers and users provide including customer experiences. Methods may also collect information about your browser or device, but generally do not include identifying information such as your name and email address, unless you choose to provide it.
- Social Media Information, such as profile information (only collected in limited circumstances like Social Media-based contests and sweepstakes). Services or our offerings on Social Media platforms may include sharing, commenting, or similar features. In posting and sharing pictures and information publicly, the user agrees that the content will be seen by the general public.
By participating and providing this information to us you agree on us collecting, storing, and using the data.
How we use your information and who we share it with (third parties)
Personal information collected will be used to provide Hofbräuhaus of America LLC services (such as to process and ship your orders and prizes or respond to consumer requests), to analyze and improve these services (research, evaluation, and analytics purposes) as well as for the fulfillment of contests and sweepstakes. If you register for our newsletter, we will send you emails about a variety of topics such as new products, special events, company information and promotional offers.
We share email activity with our marketing email provider to help them better target email deployments to consumers. The collected email addresses through the company’s newsletter sign-up are solely excessed by the email platform provider who may share non-specific activity data. Contact and personal information collected within a contest or sweepstakes will be shared with a dedicated third party that is taking care of fulfillment processes.
Authorized service providers to perform functions on our behalf (such as processing credit card payments, order tracking, and delivery) only have access to your personal information as needed and are not permitted to use it for other purposes. We share account information and payment information with these service providers. Customer experience and feedback may also be shared with service providers to enhance your experience.
Our website also uses third-party analytics vendors such as Google Analytics to evaluate and constantly improve the design and content of our websites. Click here (http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners) for more information on how data is collected and processed in connection with Google Analytics.
We process your information on the basis that your data is required for us to provide the website, products, and services to you under the relevant contract between us.
How we protect your information and how long we store it
We have reasonable and appropriate physical, electronic, and administrative measures in place to safeguard the security of your personal information, all in accordance with industry practice and applicable laws. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security and that you are using internet services at your own risk. When you communicate with Hofbräuhaus of America LLC via email or social media chats, it might not be encrypted. For that reason, we ask that you do not share sensitive information via these communication channels.
We delete your personal data if the respective purpose of storage no longer applies or as you request us to do so in your personal interest.
Your rights and choices
We collect and process your personal information on the basis that your personal information is required for us to provide the website and fulfillment of services, under contract with you for the legitimate purposes set out in this Policy. You have the option to change or correct your personal information at any time as well as the chance to opt-out from of any communication. There are several ways you can control our use of your personal information in connection with marketing and promotions:
- Opt-out from email communication and company newsletter if you click the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the received newsletter
- Stop any company communication, service, or sharing of required fulfillment data with third parties in contacting us via email, phone, or contact form In addition, you always have the right to request that we:
- Provide you with information about how we use your personal data
- Give you a copy of all your personal information that we store in our systems
- Update, correct or delete your information held in our files
- Stop contacting you as described above
To exercise any of these options, please contact us using the contact information in the footer of this website.
Cookies and other web services
When you access our websites, information is automatically collected in an anonymous form. In this way, we can enable you to use our websites more effectively and generally better over time by improving the site and creating a better user experience. The statistical data obtained help us to improve the performance and attractiveness of our websites. We use this information to provide you with services and information designed specifically to your needs.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. You may be able to set your browser to reject and/or delete cookies. For instructions, check your browser’s technical information. However, if you reject or delete cookies then this may disable or interfere with features of our services or website use.
The Hofbräuhaus of America LLC online platforms, services, sweepstakes, and beer products are not intended and prohibited for the use and consumption by individuals under the age of 21. We do not knowingly collect information online from individuals under the age of 21.
Our digital operations are conducted in the United States, which means that your information is transferred, processed, and stored in the United States. Participation in contests and sweepstakes is only open to legal residents within the United States of America over the age of 21.